Xiaomi Mi 11 went official three days before the long-awaited end of of last year 2020, and while the new year did not turn out the harbinger of change we wanted it to be, the Mi 11 is spearheading the next generation flagships, and we are looking forward to its release.
Well, the global debut happened a few weeks after the Chinese premiere, and the international version of the Xiaomi Mi 11 is now here.
It is the first (announced) smartphone with the latest Snapdragon 888 chip, but it is so much more.
The Mi 11 brings a lot of meaningful updates over the Mi 10. It introduces a new larger 6.81″ AMOLED screen with a higher 1440p resolution and faster 120Hz refresh rate.
The panel supports HDR10+, and its peak brightness is impressive at 1500 nits.
Xiaomi Mi 11 specs at a glance:
- Body: 164.3×74.6×8.1mm, 194g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5) or eco leather back, aluminum frame.
- Display: 6.81″ AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1500 nits (peak), 1440x3200px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 515ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680; Adreno 660.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 11, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 108 MP, f/1.9, 26mm, 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 13 MP, f/2.4, 123˚, 1/3.06″, 1.12µm; Macro: 5 MP, f/2.4, 1/5.0″, 1.12µm.
- Front camera: 20 MP, f/2.2, 27mm (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 8K@24/30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps; gyro-EIS, HDR10+; Front camera: 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@120fps.
- Battery: 4600mAh; Fast charging 55W, 100% in 45 min (advertised), Fast wireless charging 50W, 100% in 53 min (advertised), Reverse wireless charging 10W, Power Delivery 3.0, Quick Charge 4+.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); NFC; Infrared port.
The Mi 11 seems to be packing the same camera gear as the Mi 10, though Xiaomi has added a few new video tricks in the bag for those keen on making trending movies with Hollywood-like effects.
The 108MP primary, the 13MP ultrawide, and the 20MP selfie snappers seem to be lifted from the Mi 10 with minor changes.